Audio Technica is an already established brand which has pushed the music industry for more than half a century now. They are some of the pioneers in portable music technology and this product makes no exception. The Audio Technica LP60BK is perhaps one of the greatest portable turntables out there. Not only because it is well-built and screams quality wherever you touch it but it is being sold at a price where it virtually has no competition. This is why it is an overwhelming best-seller and a worthy competitor is yet to be created.
Features That Make It Stand Out
Playback Speed & Quality
This record player is completely automated and can play various speeds such as 33 ⅓ and 45rpm. Your tunes will sound like never before if played on it and you can trust the countless of famous bands using any other product of Audio Technica for that statement. In case you want to further increase the audio output quality, you can hook the LP60BK to your computer, home-theater, active speakers, and/or any other device which lacks a turntable input of its own. It also has a built-in dual-magnet cartridge which comes with a diamond stylus which can be replaced. The platter on it is a die-cast aluminum which adds to the overall top-notch quality here.
The Audio Technica LP60BK works with a 120V AC (60Hz, 3W) power supply and other types of current will damage it, so keep that in mind if you’re living outside the US where outlets hold different values.
Another feature worth mentioning is that it has a built-in changeable phono pre-amplifier which has an RCA output in case you want to plug it into an audio system or active speakers. It can also act as a USB player or just a good old-fashioned analog turntable.
If you want to learn more about turntables as a whole, head out to our Buyer’s Guide where you will find tons of useful information.
- Cheap compared to portable turntables with similar music quality
- Best price to value ratio on the market
- Great design
- Diamond stylus (which is also replaceable)
- 33 ⅓ and 45 RPM speeds
- Built-in phono pre-amplifier
- Fully automatic; belt-driven
- Works both as USB and Analog
- Amazing Sound on par with far more expensive turntables
- Comes with a dust cover
- Comfortable to carry around on trips
- The RCA cables are rather short
- Some customers report various parts falling off after heavy use. Nothing like that happened to our test units, though. It all depends on how you treat it.
- Warranty feels short (just 1 year)
- Not many color options